6 important characteristics to consider in an Kansas City bankruptcy attorney
Since the 2008 recession began, there has been a large demand for bankruptcy attorneys, meaning that more and more attorneys are entering the field. This can be hard for you as you are forced to weed through all of your options and make a good choice for your Kansas City bankruptcy attorney.
To make your choice easier, here are 6 factors that you should consider as you pick an attorney:
- Experience: Bankruptcy can become rather complicated. Having an attorney that is experienced and knowledgeable about bankruptcy (as opposed to a newer attorney) can make sure that you avoid making filing mistakes and have a greater chance at successfully filing.
- Prices: It is common to see many attorneys charging very low rates. This sometimes means that you will get lower quality service. Some firms charge prices that are too high given the amount of work involved. Try and find a firm that charges mid-level prices and gives great service.
- Personality: Being able to communicate effectively with your attorney is important, meaning that having an attorney with a likeable, caring personality can make your bankruptcy process that much easier.
- Law Firm Size: Smaller law firms generally give more personalized service at more competitive rates than very large law firms.
- Free Consultation: Never pay for an initial consultation. A good attorney is willing to spend time with you analyzing your situation for free.
- Locally Based: Having a local attorney means you have convenient access to their office and in-person meetings.
Learn more about our Kansas City bankruptcy attorney, Coleman Ellis.